Software Engineer – Test Automation
Join us for an opportunity to work with the EAX Quality Engineering and Solutions team as a Quality Engineer as part of the Quality Verification team in Galway. You will work with some of the most modern technologies on the market.
You will be an advocate for automation and quality as an embedded member of the development team. You will write reliable and high-quality automation scripts that developers rely on every day for the Continuous Deployment / Delivery of features that will be seen by millions of players worldwide.
You will work with an agile development team, taking part in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives and backlog grooming while identifying and filling gaps in test coverage, contributing to your team's suite of automated tests, working with developers to identify feature changes and new scope, and helping plan priorities and tactics for test execution.
You will report to the EAX QV Engineering manager and work with the Software Development Manager on the team.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science/related discipline or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test
• Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, and RESTful web services
• Experience with automated testing for modern web apps and services (using Selenium, Appium, and related tools)
• Excellent debugging and RCA skills
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment pipelines
• Experience working with agile teams with a passion for software testing
Good to have
• Experience working with React and unit testing is a big plus
• Experience with C++, Web Servers, GraphQL, Firewalls, and SSL
• Experience mentoring more junior team members
• Knowledge of test-driven development
• Experience in monitoring of data-structures to optimize performance.
Software Test Automation
• Take part in the development cycle (daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming)
• Advocate for quality and keep the development team accountable.
• Ensure that developers are producing testable code / features through collaboration.
• Develop tools and systems to support testing or development.
• Maintain Automation Strategy documents with direction from Technical Leads
• Implement the Automation Strategy to a high standard of quality.
• Test your work and provide reliable, defect-free automation scripts
Customer Relationship Management
• Write and present our plans by delivering the right message to the partners.
• Communicate the progress with all of our customers on our goals and strategy.
• Negotiate with end-users on feature scope, priorities, deliverables, and timeline.
• Advise customers on solutions.
• Document all new procedures, workflows, approaches, and goals.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k31n-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.