Systems Software Engineer
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Systems Software Engineer is an essential part of a game creation process. You are involved in architectural design and implementation of technology and foundation layers – memory, performance, CPU/GPU, stability, I/O, profiling and optimization, on multiple platforms (PlayStation, XBOX, PC, Switch), working with designers, artists and other engineers to build experiences for a world-wide audience.
What You Will Do:
• Design, architects and documents technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development – frame-rate, load-times, run-time memory usage, disk space usage, engine integrations.
• Work with other domain owners to integrate and develop essential technologies and improve memory usage, performance and stability.
• Analyze impact to above mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle.
• Provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement & optimizations.
• You will report to the systems team manager and work with your peers on developing the FIFA's foundation layer.
Who You Are:
• C++ proficiency.
• 3+ years of experience in C++ software development.
• Proficiency integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains.
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization.
• Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C# is a plus.
• Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy.
• Knowledge of XBOX and PlayStation platforms is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kko3-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.