The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
You will report to a Technical Director and will get exposed to many technologies and platforms as well as work with top-notch game studios around the world.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated Software Engineer to bring new client SDK capabilities that integrate video games with networked services. You'll work as part of a team, engaged with game teams around the globe to provide outstanding innovation and performance on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Nintendo, iOS, Android and new platforms as they emerge.
What a Software Engineer III does within EA's Digital Platform Division at EA:
• Design solutions to support our top Console, PC and Mobile games
• Develop SDK APIs to support company-wide programs across the latest technologies
• Collaborate to achieve high-quality cross-platform products in C++
• Work with producers and engineers to design networked game and business features
• Provide technical assistance and resolve integration issues in partnership with game developers
• Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products
• Document and test features to accelerate ease of use and simplify future maintenance of our technology
• Mentor less experienced engineers
The Next Great Software Engineer also needs to have:
• A bachelor's degree in computer science or Computer Engineering
• 5+ years professional development experience programming with C/C++
• SDK/Library/middleware development experience
• Game Console, PC or mobile platform development experience
• Experience with software design principles
• Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, specifications, development, test, product release, and sustaining engineering
• Passion for good workflows and well-designed software
• Experience working with team members on a common codebase
• Experience in connected application development
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97v2k-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.