Software Engineer, Career Mode - EA Sports Fc
Remote / Virtual
We are EA IT
Electronic Arts Information Technology (EAIT) group keeps our employees and business operations connected globally. We bring creative technology services to all areas, keeping everyone creative, collaborative and productive. Our team ensures better play across all of EA.
The Challenge Ahead:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering in Game Creation Engineering, this is a technical leadership role that offers a recognized expert the opportunity to envision and implement enterprise-level solutions to support the Application Lifecycle Management for EA's game development teams. These solutions are built upon a cloud-first philosophy and use public cloud services from leading providers such as Azure, AWS and Google. Coupled with the power of the cloud, you will lead small agile teams to architect applications to support thousands of users. This job for employees in Romania, has remote work and hybrid options or full onsite in our office in Bucharest.
As part of the product team, you will be an important contributor, creating the solution and software architecture for high-volume, high transaction applications specifically targeted to support the game development teams across the entire global enterprise.You will take part in any negotiations or discussions regarding the necessary requirements and provide feedback to all parties involved.You will participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback on design and implementation to peers.Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate leads/managers.
• Technical skills
• 5+ years of experience developing enterprise level software solutions.
• 5+ years of experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMs and related programming data access technologies (NET, ORMs, OData)
• 5+ years of experience applying design patterns, methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, test-driven development, continuous integration, and delivery.
• 3+ years of experience architecting cloud-based applications using PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings from leading vendors such Amazon's AWS and Microsoft Azure
• Other qualifications
• Experience with development methodologies including Agile.
• Solid experience with DevOps in a cloud environment, including automation experience and configuration as code.
• Work in a multi-sourced model using onsite/offshore resources across multiple.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pe0q-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.