Engineering Manager - Core Technology Group
SOFTWARE ENGINEER C++, C# - MIGRATION TEAM Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What you will do as a Frostbite Migration team engineer:
Growth is critical for our engineers and for the Frostbite engine. You will collaborate with experts across all of Frostbite to explore, identify, and complete priority goals that enhance or build the features used by our games and core engine teams. You will have the opportunity to learn and develop in a variety of domains including Rendering, Animation, Systems, Audio, Physics, Pipelines, etc. While reporting to the Frostbite Migration team, you will also work directly with game teams to help further take advantage of the latest Frostbite features or to deliver Frostbite functionality desired to help them make amazing games.
• Work in multiple areas of Frostbite to build and improve upon engine features
• Migrate or refactor complex features and systems to Frostbite and ensure they are feature-complete, performant and testable
• Collaborate with game team engineers and project managers to hit important milestones and deliverables
• Provide subject matter expertise, guidance, and improvements on how to fully leverage Frostbite features and advantages
• Implement and instill best practices in harvesting innovations and common features back to the engine
We're looking for:
• Object-oriented programming experience and good understanding of object-oriented design principles
• C++ programming skills with a minimum of 5 years professional programming experience
• Experience in at least one, ideally multiple, of the following domains – Rendering, Systems, Animation / Cinematic, Audio, AI
• Experience with current gaming platforms – PS5, PS4, XBSX, Xbox One, PC
• Excellent debugging skills and familiarity using debugging tools
• Ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
• Comfortable working in unfamiliar spaces
• Passion for learning new skills and technologies
• Capability to gather requirements and prioritize work through competing or unknown priorities
• Bachelor's Degree or related experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field
It would be great if you also had:
• Experience within and AAA game environment with consoles development
• Understanding of memory management, multi-processor use, and runtime optimization
• Experience with WPF and Python
• C# Programming Experience
What's in it for you:
• Work in an environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
• Make friends among smart and fun people
• Learn a massive amount of knowledge, new skill sets and professional software development practices
• Participate in worldwide gaming-related events and conferences
• Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
• Have dedicated time allocated for innovation and prototyping personal projects
• Identify personal development goals and be supported to achieve them
• Opportunity to travel to worldwide EA studios locations to work with game and engine teams
• Comprehensive health and benefit packages
• Of course, free video games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz53n7-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.