Technical Writer - Developer Experience Platform
Software Engineer III (Java, Kotlin) - Marketplace Platform
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead:
Is to build our new cross-game, cross-platform digital economy platform. This large-scale, always-on services will power the virtual-economies of EA's network of games that will be experienced by tens of millions of daily active users. You will report to a Director of Engineering. You'll build platform capabilities handling several hundred-thousand requests per second, and drive player engagement of many of the industries most popular titles. You will build server-side systems that bring new functionality within the larger Digital Platform, and work on regular improvements to the systems to keep them at top-notch performance.
What a Software Engineer III does within EADP Marketplace Division at EA:
As a Software Engineer III, your primary responsibility will be to lead the software design and architecture process of our new systems. Most of your time will be spent developing features and optimizing performance and scalability of server systems. You will also spend time working with product managers to innovate new features to support EA's many games and reduce technical debt associated with legacy systems through innovation and automation. Additionally, you will be an advocate for best practices within the engineering team.
• Roughly 75% hands-on coding
• Create and work on large-scale distributed backend services creating new features and updating existing capabilities
• Resolve defects during QA testing, preproduction, production and from the live environment
• Work with multiple game studios on multiple different platforms who use the services and features you create to complete user facing features
• Design large portions of the software from features to entire applications
• Grow and guide other engineers
• Occasional off-hours support for development needs and support of the live environment ensuring our consumer experience is always outstanding
• A passion for working in gaming
• 7 or more years' experience developing software (preferably in Java/Kotlin/GoLang)
• 4 or more years' experience working on online services at Internet consumer scale
• Experience working on high traffic services and highly scalable systems
• Experience working with cloud technologies to build SaaS applications
• Experience with technologies such as Redis, Kafka, NoSQL systems in production systems and other OSS tech
• You enjoy explaining technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience with Software design/architecture process
• Experience with DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and Agile development
• Experience with unit testing
• Experience building large-scale distributed applications
• Experience with source control systems
• Experience with one or more scripting languages
• Experience with Maven
• Experience with Actor model (e.g., Orbit, Akka)
• Experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA
• Experience with load testing and system analysis
• Experience with other languages such as Go, Kotlin
• Experience leading a team of engineers
• Experience working with remote teams
• Domain experience in economics, commerce, or fraud areas
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk3xq-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.