At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives span the digital touchpoints where players interact with the EA Network, including: EA's gaming service on PC via Origin and the new EA Desktop application; the EA Play subscription program on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam; EA.com's corporate, marketing and player engagement activations, and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Sr. Software Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership for your team, driving innovation in development processes, product architecture, and driving engineering initiatives which support our delivery capabilities and the various aspects of quality and reliability. You work in a positive way to mentor and bring the best talent out of engineers on your team, empowering them to deliver the best possible product and run it as a live service.
You bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 6+ years' industry experience architecting large complex designs that span multiple platforms and technologies including C++
• Experienced in building large deployments of consumer facing networked applications built on PC, Mac, Xbox and Playstation
• Strong engineering fundamentals, understanding principles, how and when to apply them
• A computer science degree or equivalent experience in the field
• The ability to drive technical initiatives and be accountable to the technical quality of the product
• The tools to translate business requirements into scalable and maintainable systems
• Leadership skills, able to motivate a team and drive best practices
• Strong mentorship and the experience to grow engineers
• Excellent planning and communication skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
• A dynamic thinking process, willing to discover and hear new ideas and solutions
• A positive attitude focused on delivering a great player experience
• Experience with multithreaded application and understanding of IPC techniques and methods
Some other areas you may know about:
• Web technologies, like Angular/React
• CDN driven content delivery
• Publishing games to other platforms such as Steam or Epic
• Managing security escalations and concerns.
• Experience with agile methodologies and how to apply them
• Knowledge of continuous delivery and continuous integration
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Other members of the EAX organization such as product management and design, to define product requirements and create technical designs to meet those
• Internal partner teams for SDK integrations, upstream services and content providers including external and internal game teams
• Our quality partners ensuring we have the best possible solution
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1o5j-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.