As a member of the Special Projects in Applied Research and Collaboration (SPARC) Team, you will develop ground-breaking game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with EA's game development teams.
You will be part of a distributed and agile team, with the purpose of solving technical challenges from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An important priority for this group is to partner with EA's specialized research teams to create meaningful applications relevant to game development.
The SPARC Team is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. The Software Engineer will guide the technical execution of projects across Frostbite and EA Studios.
What the Software Engineer will do at SPARC
• As Software Engineer, you will take a primary role in development, help establish and improve Frostbite features and own delivery
• Work with the Technical Director, Frostbite Team, and outsourcing groups to develop features that increase engagement and fun
• Provide troubleshooting, debugging and assist with the challenges
• Maintain positive lines of communication and relationships with teammates across EA Studios and Frostbite
• Design, author, test, and deploy maintainable solutions
• You will help us solve the problems that do not fit the typical game development cycle
Who You Are?
• 2+ years of C++ software engineering experience, including code design, data structures and organization.
• A generalist skillset; experience with some or all of the following: Graphics, Audio, Networking, Animation, Physics, Gameplay, or Tools
• A desire to improve your skills and help your teammates grow theirs; we succeed together
• Can work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
• Expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Profiling skill and a knowledge of successful optimization strategies a plus
• Excellent debugging skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Value collaboration and the importance of supporting your team
What is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP'/401K company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that is powered by creativity.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.