AI Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Software Engineer III (C++)
SOFTWARE ENGINEER III
The EA Quality Verification group is an essential partner of EA game development teams and a driver for quality and productivity within those teams.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in keeping EA at the bleeding edge of the industry standards for quality and processes. This us your opportunity to make a difference for thousands of employees and millions of gamers in the world.
You will work with our teams to develop quality control tools, test automation and analysis systems across a variety of EAs games and products.
An essential partner of game development teams, Quality Engineering is driving innovation in tools and processes to achieve the highest quality standards. In partnership with software engineers and program managers, and using various programming and scripting languages, they design, develop, and maintain automation test tools; statistical analysis and dashboards; and other tools that help drive quality in our products.
We ask that you have a personality type that is dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across multiple groups and individuals in both the Development and Quality Verification domains to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels. As a technical leader, you will prioritize your work against ROI analysis and achieve consensus across multiple partners and promote customer satisfaction.
As a Software Quality Engineer, you will have:
• An understand of testing methodologies
• Experience building test strategies for web, mobile, or software products
• Advanced programming experience with C++ or C#
• Programming experience with Python
• Familiarity with web, database and automation technologies
• Debugging skills
• Understand Software Development Life-Cycle processes
• Experience with version control and build systems
• Mentoring experience preferred
• BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
Scope & Impact:
• You will work directly with game development and quality assurance teams to identify, define and complete projects
• You will learn and stay current with best practices and technologies
• You will use and improve existing tools to add value
• You will work in a team and independently and looks for answers to questions
• You will develop and maintain tools, automation, and test scripts.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked…
You will always find unique solutions in quality and design, the quality engineering team partner with development to create and deploy cutting edge tools and technologies. Supporting Electronic Arts' desire to create the world's most engaging and immersive digital playground, the Quality Engineering team are at the epicenter of innovation, working with brilliant minds from around the world, redefining the highest quality standards.
In your role as a Software Engineer III, you will join a global team designing, developing and executing testing strategies and other tools that help create quality in our products. You will bring a background in software development and can leverage a diverse library of knowledge around testing methodologies spanning multiple platforms (web, mobile, or software). You're advanced programming knowledge in C# and C++ are used to help create new testing tools, improve existing tools and push the envelope of quality engineering.
Join a team where you make direct impact to our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.