Software Engineer - C# & WPF
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated C# and WPF Software Engineer to join us on an initial 12 month basis. As a Software Engineer for Frostbite, you will be based in Melbourne but connected to and supported by our teams around the globe. You will report to the Senior Manager - Engineering.
• Work with user experience (UX) team, product owner and customers to design, build and maintain features in the tools
• Provide support to customers by addressing key issues and looking for opportunities to make systematic improvements
• Contribute to technical discussions across Frostbite
• Frequent communication across Frostbite and with game team Engineers
• Communicate with users to prioritize tasks
• C# (knowledge of latest .NET framework)
• Experience building applications using WPF
• Test, debug, and extend other Software Engineers' code competently
• Experience with C++/CLI desirable
• Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal
• Experience working with Source Control Systems (Perforce, SVN, GIT)
• Knowledge of working with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
• Experience with build systems and related concepts
• Relational database proficiency (TFS, Jenkins, NANT)
Wondering if you'll meet all of our requirements? We know those dot points can't capture all that you might bring to our team, so consider the above a starting point. If you're interested, please reach out!
Creating amazing games starts with building a team that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We wholeheartedly celebrate that diversity, and are committed to fostering a workplace that is equitable and inclusive, where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. For more on our commitment and progress - check out our 2021 Impact Report.
What's in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we're doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there's that. There's also:
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
• 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we'll pay you extra to take a break!
• Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
• Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
When it comes to flexibility – we're hybrid forward, so you'll have the opportunity to structure the way you work, to suit the way you work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxy2b4-3-236-146-28-42 in your application.