Senior Rendering Software Engineer
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated
to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports video games and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, PGA Tour, College Football and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com
Our engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team, reporting to the development director of the project.
You'll work on a growing primary team that provides features across multiple EA Sports titles.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, working with other
engineers, and building primary systems (often using other systems), workflows, and capabilities that
allow us to work smarter and to bring substantial improvements to our game.
• You will contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to ensure collaborative development efforts.
• You will work with design and other technical teams to provide feedback and then creates clear technical designs.
• You will provide well-tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
• You will look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
• 5+ years of experience working with C++.
• 2+ years of experience in game development or related industry.
• Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices.
• Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
• Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
• Demonstrate coding and debugging skills.
• Experience with parallel programming and resource management considerations.
• BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
• Experience developing with an established 3D engine such as Unreal or Frostbite.
• Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
• Experience navigating and understanding a large client/server codebase.
• Familiarity with network programming.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic
information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal records following applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj29e2-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.