Sony Interactive Entertainment
Los Angeles, CA
Software Engineer - C++ (Respawn) (New product Incubation)
Job Title: Incubation Team Software Engineer
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join a compact incubation team currently developing a brand new IP.
Why Join Us:
• Pioneer new ways to enable 'adventuring until the heat death of the universe'.
• Early involvement in developing a brand new IP.
• Be part of a lean team where each person's contributions make a large impact, in an environment where you'll have an unusual degree of autonomy & responsibility.
• We focus on gameplay and good feel.
• We trust you to do your best work, and support you in nurturing your life-work balance.
• Hard-zero policy against crunch and overtime.
• You'll work closely with project leadership in an extremely flat structure.
• We'll invest genuine time and effort in your growth, in terms of your career aspirations.
• Solve problems efficiently in all areas of development, learning as needed.
• Empower the rest of the team to do their best work, such as by collaborating to build useful tools, mentoring others, and tending to team health & culture.
• While everyone has an area of focus, building a great game and fostering a great overall development experience is everyone's responsibility.
• Active participation in promoting and building an inclusive work environment.
• Basic 'self-as-producer' activity, such as estimating & tracking your time spent on tasks.
• Be involved in building the foundations of the team. Serve on candidate interview panels for code and other disciplines, onboard future team members, and regularly iterate on our processes for these activities with the team.
• You love building, playing and understanding games.
• Balanced approach between learning new things and delivering finished work.
• Fluency in C/C++.
• Working knowledge of vector math and linear algebra.
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. Please submit your resume to apply. We will get back to you once we have a chance to review. (Please note: We are open to considering long term remote WFH options for candidates within 3 hours of our PST timezone.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj22p1-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.