Software Engineer – III , Player & Developer Experience (PDE) - EA Digital Platform (EADP)
We are EA
Electronic Arts is more than you've ever realised. We're more than a company, or a headline, or even a clever catchphrase – we're a vibrant community of over 9,800 artists, storytellers, technologists and working toward a shared vision: to inspire and unite through play.
While headquartered in Redwood City, EA's platform engineering, game development, and publishing operations take place in a network of locations, stretching from Shanghai to Stockholm, Melbourne to Vancouver, Redwood City to Hyderabad. No matter which of our locations you join, you'll feel the and support of EA's global brand, while immersing yourself in a culture that inspires you to excel, take risks and dream big.
This is an especially great time for the video game industry, as we're going through an exciting digital transformation. The global gaming audience has also never been bigger, with industry revenue projected to reach $295.6 billion by 2026.
Since its founding in 1982, EA has helped shape the way over 300 million registered players consume and enjoy interactive media. No other company EA's portfolio of amazing games and services, across multiple platforms, to players around the world. It is an exciting era in games, and an exciting time to join the team at EA!
The Challenge Ahead:
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organisation drives technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is important to making the industry's best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform infrastructure to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
You are Reporting to Director Engineering
Software Engineer – III , Player Development Experience (PDE) does at EA :
Debrief of Role
• Provide technical leadership and be part of the technology team that develops the application platforms and tools which provides best player and developer experience.
• Oversee the system quality attributes relating to product architecture, such as performance, scalability, security and availability
• Work with Product management and game teams to gather the requirements which will enhance the capabilities of the system.
• Guide the brainstorming on the new products, tools and services required by EADP teams & Game Teams.
• Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products.
• Work as an Individual contributor (IC) and mentors the junior engineers technically and groom them to become experts in the technical area.
• Hands-on in Coding and Testing and Deployment in the large-scale environments.
• Experience building outstanding applications, especially in a distributed system.
• Architect, Develop the applications.
• You will be think in terms not just of how to architect and code systems, but also in term of how systems commonly fail, and architectures commonly fail to grow. (Quality, Development)
• Provide technical leadership for project and team through design and code reviews, ensuring best software development practices are applied.
• You will think in terms not just of code but of architecture, and you to others within your division.
• Focus on preventing the introduction of defects during the software development process rather than finding defects after testing begins. You guide engineering excellence within your division.
• Influence the team's technical and our strategy by making insightful contributions to the team's priorities and approach. You make a significant contribution to the team planning.
• . You work very achieve the right things.
• Harmonise discordant views, find the best way forward and convince your team. Demonstrate and navigate difficult situations with composure and.
• Provide high-quality software and products with a Continuous Integration, Validation and Deployment methodology.
• Use open source products/tools and Architect the systems for easy maintenance of code and provide in smaller cycle time.
The next great EA Software Engineer - III also needs:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or higher
• 7+ years of relative experience
• Have experience building applications.
• knowledge of building, available, reliable, and distributed systems software.
• A background in Data Structures, Algorithms, Design patterns, analysis of algorithm complexity and efficient implementation of complex algorithms
• Experience with software development tools such as source control systems, automated build software validation systems, test harnesses, continuous integration and deployment.
• Development experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Azure is a definite plus.
• Experience managing big data systems will be an advantage to us.
• Come from a product development background.
• Work in an environment with high degree of (previous startup like experience could be helpful)
• (oral and written) - of management and a geographically and culturally diverse technical organisation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzn1bn-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.