Software Engineer II (Server)
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile's largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA's top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile's center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
• Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
• Ownership – Get things done
• Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
• Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
• Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
We – Slingshot Games Studio @Electronic Arts – are looking for a talented and driven person that is passionate about developing software systems for games with millions of users. We are looking for an experienced server software engineer for developing services to support the live operations and online gameplay for our titles.
You will be working in small teams that work closely together to create solutions for game requirements using modern technologies and frameworks deployed to cloud based infrastructure. You will also be working with many existing systems; some developed at Slingshot, some developed externally.
Here's how your day would look like:
• Architect & Develop distributed, resilient and high-performing back-end services, built on top of GAE/AWS cloud platforms
• Work with a team of Server Engineers to manage & develop server side stacks supporting games which engage millions of connected online players
• Collaborate closely with the cross functional game development teams to execute on the roadmap/vision of our games
• Adapt central EA technologies to meet game designs requirements from the game development teams, such as matchmaking
• Be responsible for performance testing at the server level and load testing at the service level
• Ability to estimate work and provide accurate updates on progress
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Passion for delivery of quality software to Criterion's high standards
Who fits the bill:
• 4 to 6 years' experience in J2SE and J2EE development teams with a track record of delivering robust and scalable server architectures.
• Expertise in Core Java, Multi Threading & Spring Boot
• Core development experience in Web services
• Good knowledge of design patterns/anti-patterns
• 2 to 3+ years experience in architecting large-scale distributed systems
• Exposure to RDBMSes and NoSQL databases.
• Exposure to distributed Caching solutions (Memcached, Redis).
• Exposure to Cloud environments like AWS, Google Cloud
• Exposure to Linux and scripting
• Knowledge of version control and build systems such as P4v, Gitlab, Maven & Gradle
• Experience of test-driven development and continuous integration
• Experience writing maintainable, reusable clean code
• Passion for improving legacy code with careful refactoring, supported by tests
• Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution oriented individual.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
What to Expect:
• A relaxed, supportive working atmosphere
• The ability to work with your choice of OS, IDE and tools
• Regular knowledge sharing sessions with a wide range of talented engineers
• Career progression and mentoring
• A unique set of technical challenges to tackle
• The opportunity to expand and grow as an engineer
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxonx1-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.