Software Engineer I Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that provide seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile provides engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper and online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile's largest development organisations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organisation that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA's top games.
We want to be EA Mobile's center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we believe in:
• Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
• Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
• Collaboration – Great things are not done by you but by a team of folks
• Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
The Role We are looking for and dedicated Software Engineers/Programmers who excel in. As a Ad Tech Software Engineer, you will be an member of a team building mobile solution that can enhance Ad revenues for EA Mobile.
You will work with our candid and collaborative team, where your knowledge and advice about using technology to grow our Ad business in various ways will be appreciated. The code you write will need to and of the highest quality. You will also help ensure solid application performance and an excellent user experience. Here's how your day would look like:
• Collaboratively working to provide high-quality cross-platform mobile solution.
• Work with product and project leaders and your team members to understand and increase the Ad business and provide incredible value in an incremental and high impact way.
• Work together with back-end developers, designers, and the team to provide well-architected and high-quality solutions.
• Ensure the best performance and user experience of the application
• Write clean, readable, and testable code
• Work on documentation and testing in parallel to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
• Establish logging, monitoring, analytics and telemetry frameworks for all important features.
Who fits the bill:
• Application development experience on Mobile platforms, specifically Android and iOS.
• Experience with Application lifecycle in Mobile platforms, specifically Android and iOS
• Knowledge on third party SDK integration. Preferably, Ad SDKs such as Google, Iron source, FAN, Vungle
• Fluent in C++ or C# with strong OOP fundamentals
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• 1+ years' experience in Games/Mobile application development.
• Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
• Familiarity with the JSON and XML formats
• Strong knowledge of architectural patterns-MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture-and the ability to choose the best solution for the application.
• Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications.
• Excellent written, oral and verbal communication
• Most important of all, you need to love games!
• Experience with Game engines and libraries like Unity, Cocos and Unreal
• Experience working with ads-related third-party libraries, APIs, architecture. a major contribution.
• Understanding of mobile application development guidelines defined by first party(Apple and Google)
• Experience with development using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
What to Expect:
• A relaxed, supportive working atmosphere
• The ability to work with your choice of OS, IDE and tools
• Regular knowledge sharing sessions with multiple experienced engineers
• Career progression and mentoring
• A unique set of technical challenges to tackle
• The opportunity to grow as an engineer
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkwe8-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.