Software Engineer - Contract
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team develops creative engine features and the latest tools that let our game makers create stunning games. We're honored to have thousands of game developers worldwide using Frostbite as they create some of the industry's best-known titles and amazing player experiences. Join us as we help shape the future of gaming with Frostbite.
The Frostbite Engine group in EA is looking for a Procedural Software Engineer
The mission of the Procedural team is to develop state-of-the-art procedural technologies into Frostbite to help game teams around the world build bigger and better games.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will work on procedural tools and workflows ranging from mesh processing to world editor and DCC integration.
You will build high-quality code, review code and designs written by other software engineers, and work with game teams to help them improve existing and develop new technologies.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
• High level of proficiency with C++, and good understanding of C#
• 2+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience designing maintainable, structured and documented code
• Experience with object-oriented design patterns and test-driven development
• Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
• Excellent debugging skills
• Optional Skills:
• Knowledge of asset data pipelines, procedural asset generation
• Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
• Experience with Python for scripting or tool development
• Experience with Houdini, Maya SDKs or other DCC tools
• Experience with geometry/mesh formats and processing
• Understanding of memory management, multi-core use, profiling and optimization
What's in it for you?
• Work in a friendly environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
• Learn a massive number of skills and professional software development practices
• Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
Are you ready to join the game?
EA is an equal-opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r06k78-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.