FROSTBITE - Software Engineer (Integration)
FROSTBITE – Software Engineer (Integration)
Requisition Number: 173401
Location: (Multiple Locations) Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Date Opened: xxx
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does a Software Engineer do on the Frostbite Integration team?
You will be on the team that helps the game studios upgrade to new versions of the Frostbite engine. You will partner with others in the integration team to drive improvements and share knowledge between the different global groups that we have. As an Integration Software Engineer within Frostbite, you will report to the Engineering Manager.
Your main responsibility is to work with game teams to upgrade to new releases of the Frostbite engine, which include the following:
• You will resolve issues during the upgrade process
• You will update or refactor game code to use new Frostbite APIs
• You will provide subject matter expertise, guidance and improvements on how to leverage Frostbite features and advantages
• You will collaborate with other Frostbite teams in developing and customizing the engine to better meet the needs of game teams
• You will manage overall upgrade progress and ensure a smooth delivery of engine upgrades
• You will identify, plan and drive adoption of latest Frostbite technologies
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have
• Solid understanding of version control concepts and good practices
• 2+ years of professional experience with C++ or equivalent work experience
• Creative Problem Solving
• Experience leading large software development projects
• Experience training and mentoring other software engineers
• Experience debugging large scale systems
• Excellent oral and written skills
It would also be nice if you have
• Experience working with large scale game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.) is preferred
• Experience with C# and Python
• Experience using Perforce
• Experience in working with distributed teams
• Experience with current gaming platforms – PS5, PS4, XBSX, Xbox One, PC
• Experience in at least one, ideally multiple, of the following domains – Rendering, Systems, Animation / Cinematic, Audio, AI
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
• How the Frostbite engineis shaping the future of gaming
• More job openingsfor the Frostbite team
• More about our location:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro9wjp-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.