Software Engineer II
SE III - EADP Central Engineering
We Are EA
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, Apex Legends, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console -to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your computing genius.
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global scale, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry's best games & services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform services that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
EA Hyderabad has an opportunity for a Software Engineer III position. As a Software Engineer, you will be a senior technical member of the central engineering team to design, develop, deploy and maintain high throughput world class services at global scale for our next generation games. If you like solving complex computing problems, are a passionate team player and thrive in a fast paced, ever changing development environment this is a great opportunity for you.
What Would You Do
You will be developing distributed, highly resilient, globally scalable services in the cloud by utilizing world-class engineering principles and modern DevOps best practices. Our Software Engineers love to experiment with leading edge technology, dive deep into code and work as part of a team of programming experts who define and solve complex computing problems. You must ensure stellar product quality, and provide technical inputs to Product Managers as they communicate new product features. You should have excellent design and coding skills in building APIs and have the technical depth in OS (Linux, macOS, Windows) and various programming models.
You will be interacting with product managers, scrum masters, architects, quality engineers and infrastructure engineers across US and other geographies.
• Work with PMs, Architects, Network and Systems engineers to understand service and application needs, including build, deployment and management.
• Work in a Agile, Scrum based on Minimum Viable Product(MVP)
• Design and build service catalogs and APIs
• Ensure all solutions being developed are well documented with proper technical specifications, testable and maintainable.
• Adopt Test Driven Development focused on automation and achieve 80%+ code coverage
• Implement logging, monitoring, analytics and telemetry in code.
• Effectively communicate progress and issues with engineering and product/project managers.
• Prototype new technology that fits use cases/problems and validate against success criteria.
• Develop CI/CD pipelines for build and deployments with automated validation.
• Advocate clean code and clean architecture principles in software development
• Coach & Mentor 4-6 developers on coding standards, best practices & conduct peer reviews
• Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
• A problem solver and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Technology or Computer Science from reputed institutions
• 8+ years of IT experience as software engineer in J2SE and J2EE development teams
• Demonstrated experience in architecting and deploying high volume, high transaction based, distributed and redundant web applications.
• Strong System Design skills with a proven track record of delivering robust and scalable services
• Top notch programming skills in Java and related frameworks such as Spring and Spring Boot
• Strong Experience in REST API based Microservices development & integration that includes long running orchestration services
• Experience implementing services with modern authentication using OAuth 2.0, SAML, JWT
• Implementation Experience in RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL) and good SQL query knowledge
• Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/MongoDB/Redis/DynamoDB
• Experience or Knowledge with Docker & Kubernetes
• Experience or Knowledge with distributed Caching solutions such as Redis/Memcache
• Experience or Knowledge developing services in cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure.
• Strong development experience using Gitlab and JIRA.
• Strong CI/CD experience with Gitlab CI/CD or Jenkins or Maven
• Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, etc.
• Strong Experience working in Agile development methodologies
• Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution oriented individual.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to stay on top of technology, participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our products and tech stack
• Self-starter with an eagerness to constantly learn
• Strong sense of ownership/'can do' attitude and high attention to detail
• Experience working in a distributed global team
• Demonstrate a high level of creativity and problem solving
• Experience configuring services in AWS(preferred) or Azure
• • S3, Aurora, IAM
• EC2, AWS Lambda, EKS
• Route 53, API Gateway, CloudFront,
• CloudFormation templates, CloudWatch
• Experience with Container Management preferably using EKS
• Experience with gRPC based service development
• DevOps experience in Test Drive Development, CI/CD
• Experience in Python, Big data systems, AI/ML
• Experience on Quality engineering tools such as Selenium, Jmeter
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Zeta (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Don't Just Play It – Create It!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.