We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our accomplished people have expressed their passion for outstanding game feel, AAA audiovisual quality, and technical innovation in the Burnout and Need for Speed series and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault, and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. Instead, we work together in tightly knit teams with an emphasis on the player experience. For the past three years, we are very proud to have been recognized by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK.
You will report to the Senior Software Engineer.
The Challenge Ahead:
Criterion Games demands a world-class team of developers and is looking for a Software Engineer to join our gameplay team. We're looking for someone who can contribute to the design process and help turn the output into reality in the fast-paced world of Need For Speed.
What a Gameplay Software Engineer does at Criterion:
The successful engineer will partner with Criterion's design and engineering teams in a structured, iterative process - taking a hands-on role in creating and developing technologies all about visceral, player-first fun. The work is varied and ranges from second-to-second mechanics such as crashing and battling of vehicles, to the more tech-heavy implementation of systems such as progression.
Some systems may need to scale to our huge open worlds or increase online player counts. Our best technologies last for many games, allowing us to build on them for the future.
• You will work as part of our engineering team, developing your programming skills, and learning to turn ideas into implementations that ship in-game
• You will empower designers to iterate their ideas in software
• You will collaborate daily with other engineers and crafts to achieve amazing features
• You will implement and test reliable and efficient code
• 3+ years of experience with C++ programming
• Experience with object-oriented design principles
• To want to participate in the early creative process rather than be handed a document to implement
Bonus Points For:
• Enjoying prototyping as well as production
• Having a broad skill set - do you have experience or interest in UI, AI, physics, audio, or another area?
We thought you might also want to know more about our studio and location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvo0zn-54-80-252-84-42 in your application.