If your dream job is to work with the latest technologies on some of the most popular video game franchises in the world, including EA SPORTS FIFA, then you've come to the right place. Prepare to level up your learning and career development together with some of the most experienced industry professionals in the gaming world: a diverse, creative and collaborative group of people united by a shared vision of excellence.
About the Development and Release Engineering Team
Ever wondered how dozens of people work collaboratively and simultaneously to develop a complex game? In EA this is facilitated by us, the Development and Release Engineering (DRE) team. Our domain is at the intersection of DevOps, Release Management, Build Engineering, and Production Support.
We develop and run Continuous Integration (CI) systems to provide fast and reliable automated feedback on the production readiness of a game every time there's a change in any part of the system (code, art, audio, or production infrastructure). We are EA's experts when it comes to Automated Builds and Smoke Testing. Our systems are producing tons of metrics and the builds that end up on players' computers/consoles/phones.
We are a full stack DevOps team looking for a colleague that shares our passion to combine software development with production operations. Reporting to the local Engineering Manager, you will focus on developing or enhancing automation projects, plus modernizing components of the CI systems that we operate, all of these while maintaining a high-quality service for our existing customers.
As we are supplying a service to development teams, it is necessary to have a customer-oriented attitude.
Most of our automation projects are orchestrated with Jenkins (implying work with Pipeline and Groovy) and run different scripts (in batch/shell/PowerShell/Python). Our build processes produce volumes of CI artifacts unmatched in other industries and for that, not only do we administrate large volumes of virtualized computing power and storage, but we are compelled to optimize our flows through parallelism and reusing components and artifacts. To keep under control the complexity generated by this, our team engaged into different solutions, from using object-oriented programming (OOP) concepts in the Pipeline flows to employing infrastructure-as-code (IaC) techniques. Our technical ecosystem also includes technologies related to source control, monitoring infrastructure, alerting users, storing data, deploying dashboards, web services, containers. While sharing responsibilities as part of a full stack DevOps team, no one is expected to master all of these areas, but the exposure and opportunity to exercise them is there for everyone.
We write our own technology when we have to, but we prefer using well-known open-source software. Some of the mentioned technologies are those we are working with NOW but your adaptability and eagerness to experiment and learn are important to this role as we are constantly evolving and TOMORROW our technical landscape might look different.
• Develop, optimize, monitor, and troubleshoot CI automation projects.
• Identify opportunities to evolve components of the CI automation system.
• Resolve performance bottlenecks in complex systems including network, OS, or hardware.
• Prioritize a variety of tasks, ensuring customers are informed of the status of their requests.
• Work and experiment with diverse technologies and a variety of platforms (PCs, consoles).
• Exercise and develop your analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
• Have exposure to multiple game projects simultaneously.
• Experience a distributed work environment.
• Inject fresh ideas and bring innovations in our tech stack.
• Experience of 5 years in a DevOps position or similar
• Experience of batch/shell scripting and scripting languages
• Experience writing and debugging code in a programming language
• Experience with revision control systems (like Git, Perforce)
• Working knowledge of Windows OS
• A broad base of general knowledge and interest on multiple disciplines within software development
• A team collaborator; share knowledge and responsibilities
• Pronounced mindset towards rigorous testing
• Excellent spoken and written English
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8zkq-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.