We are EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead:
The EADP Data Group develops a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with outstanding tools. The Data Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for developers who want to work on a large-scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, creative companies in technology.
• Work closely with our PM and studio teams to define feature specifications and build the next generation of unified data platform
• Work closely with operations and infrastructure teams to build and scale web services
• Use a variety of analytics/BI tools and methods
• Develop reporting systems that inform on key metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results
• Develop complex queries to solve data mining problems
• Write reliable and efficient programs scaling to massive (petabyte) datasets and large clusters of machines
• Flexibility to work with both SQL and NoSQL solutions
• Work with data modelers, data analysts, and BI developers to understand requirements, develop ETL processes, validate results, and deliver to production
• Coordinate the efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, extraction, and storage processes
• Be a resource to business and technology partners for validation of data used in analytics and support the interpretation and use of data as applicable
• Knowledge of Object-oriented Programming Languages, such as Java and C++, in the development of systems, applications and web services, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses.
• Experience in working with front end technologies, front end frameworks and/or user-interface design.
• A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design, and API design, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses
• Software development knowledge, writing clean re-useable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
• Experience with distributed systems or large-scale database system, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university courses or equivalent competencies demonstrated in industry experience
• Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as bash, SQL, python, demonstrated by advanced graduate level university course projects.
• Knowledge of service oriented architecture design and implementations
It's not easy building the world's best digital playground. It's hair-standing-on-end exhilarating.
It's down-in-the-trenches challenging. It's stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It's you-taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play.
In an industry that's changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart plans, acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you're reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkybn-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.