EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Generalist Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
• 3+ years experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
• Strong knowledge of C++, ASM is a bonus.
• Json and XML, able to read/understand and write.
• Experience working with online services/servers (HTTP via REST).
• Knowledge of REST-based APIs.
• Experience with 3rd party APIs.
• Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
• Experience with source control systems.
• Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++) domain ownership will be expected.
• Work with 3rd party software APIs.
• Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
• Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
• Use and design REST-based HTTP APIs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xb6q-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.