Software Engineer - Client Side (PopCap)
EA is the world leader in mobile gaming with a portfolio of mobile hits including Star Wars, FIFA, NBA LIVE, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Real Racing, The Sims and Plants vs. Zombies. The mobile gaming market continues to grow exponentially year over year and EA's portfolio of outstanding brands, access to external IP, and ability to create original hits puts the company in a unique position to increase this leadership position. Essential to this growth is EA's ability to maintain our massive engaged audience and to migrate these players to new games as they launch into the marketplace.
We are looking for a Game Client Engineer to join us and help continue delivering a long running and beloved IP to our players. You have experience developing game clients for both iOS and Android.
Reporting to a Development Director you will:
• Develop features for a C++ mobile title using a custom engine.
• Enhance and add features to existing systems and frameworks.
• Be a promoter for best practices within the engineering team.
• Manage technical risks and opportunities.
• Document systems and create/update tools to help other developers.
• Work with other disciplines to plan and estimate work.
• Contribute new ideas to improve both our game development pipeline.
• Help maintain a culture of ongoing improvement.
• Help us defeat Dr. Zomboss!
• 2 years of software engineering experience on games.
• You can break down large problems and craft maintainable solutions.
• You have experience improving existing systems.
• Experience with at least one object-oriented language (C++ is ideal).
• Experience with industry standard source control and build automation (Perforce or Jenkins )
• Some experience with game client application technology.
• You will raise concerns early and guide discussions toward solutions.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
It would be great (but not crucial) for you to:
• Have experience with iOS and Android OS frameworks.
• Have shipped a mobile game.
• Have experience with other languages/scripts such as Bash, Python, and Go
• Have guided the technical work for a small team.
• Have built games with C++
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb3km-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.