Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At Codemasters we are at the sharp edge when it comes to the smooth and speedy delivery of our games to our millions of players world-wide. The Formula One team's software engineering experts enjoy the ongoing challenge of developing technical solutions to complex problems. We are looking for a Build Systems engineer to help with the smooth and reliable delivery of our game to the development team and our players throughout its ever evolving releases.
• Developing technical solutions for build production, management and delivery systems
• Providing automation of key build artifact production for both code and assets
• Developing and making use of analytics based feedback systems to accelerate build efficiency
• Helping the team with automated testing of reliability, functionality and performance of the game and development tools
• Contributing to hardware requirements estimation for efficiently building a AAA scale game
• Working in a Continuous Development based environment with multiple product versions in flight at the same time.
• Development task estimates and reporting to the team
Key Skills and Experience:
• Experience in process and build automation
• Knowledge of continuous build systems, particularly Jenkins.
• A solid understanding of Python and Windows batch scripting.
• Experience of development for consoles and PC platforms
• Experience of Perforce as a power user or admin.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years experience in a build engineering role, ideally within the games industry.
• Knowledge of distributed code build systems, including FastBuild.
• Knowledge of game platform compiler toolchains and SDKs
• Elasticsearch and Kibana
• C# and C++
• Experience of hardware provisioning and software configuration
• Experience with Linux
• An ideal candidate will be experienced in the industry, driven and self-motivated with top-notch attention to detail
• Strong communication and problem solving skills proven in a games development environment
• Good teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
• A demonstrable passion for and commitment to a career in games
• Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
• Significant benefits package including annual bonus scheme, private health care and dental cover for you and your family, enhanced pension scheme, employee discounted share scheme and much more!
• Dedicated training time for self-improvement
• 10 free games per year and a new console allowance!
• Incredible peer community of top-flight programmers in the games industry
City centre location (5 minute walk from New Street station), ultra modern setting etc etc
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pnbv-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.