Software Engineer – Mobile Central Technology Backend Services
We're looking for a server engineer to develop reliable, highly-scalable services to support our portfolio of mobile games.
Our Mobile Central Technology Team accelerates the growth and development of our games by building critical services supporting millions of players every day. We build solutions to continuously increase operational efficiency and rapidly advance towards innovations such as AI-driven optimization.
We're looking for people with experience designing, developing, and shipping robust data-driven services at scale. We run a modern stack including technologies such as Spring Boot, Kinesis, Flink, and Kubernetes. We are excited to grow individuals who share our passion for learning, solving challenging technical problems, and constantly strengthening ourselves as individuals and as a team.
This engineer will have an opportunity to work in a high-impact and rewarding work environment and will have the ability to choose flexible work hours working with global teams.
• Work with the server engineering team to deliver scalable and robust game services. Contribute as a highly technical hands-on developer.
• Collaborate with internal customers and partners across the organization on the usage and evolution of services developed.
• Establish and enforce development standards and practices related to server engineering.
• Produce and maintain documentation and run books related to service operation.
• Build and support tools, tests, and infrastructure required to manage back-end services.
• Work closely with technical leadership in identifying and planning engineering strategy.
• Bachelors degree in computer science/mathematics/engineering, or other fields with proven engineering experience
• 3-5 years software engineering experience, especially working on high-throughput server applications
• Proficiency with Java and associated frameworks (esp. Spring Boot), and related concepts, such as async programming, caching
• Knowledge of SQL & NoSQL solutions understanding the pros and cons of relational and free form databases
• Experience working within a distributed REST-based service-oriented architecture
• Experience with agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery
• AWS, GCP, or other cloud service providers
• PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
• Stream processing frameworks such as Storm, Kafka, Flink, or Beam
• Deployment and resource management frameworks (i.e. Kubernetes)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1b6jv-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.