About the Automation and Configuration Management Team
As part of the FIFA group , the team is responsible for the automation and configuration management for the Server side that utilizes Java and MySQL. EA is looking for a developer who is passionate about solving challenging emergent issues in the development process by creating automation and exploring new technologies and tools. People come to us with complex and loosely-defined problems and ask us to turn them into solutions. We're often collaborating on problems outside our knowledge area, which requires us to learn new technologies and skills quickly and thrive in ambiguity. Good communication skills are important as interaction with the development teams is key to secure a high-quality service.
We're a small team with a great deal of responsibility, which means you'll learn new technologies and join us as being domain experts in new areas. We are superusers of Perforce, Maven and Jenkins and we are the domain experts of our build scripts and release process. You will join a dynamic team that quickly shifts focus as new requirements arise.
Necessary Skills (Must Have)
• Knowledge of Java and MySQL.
• Experience with at least one scripting language (Groovy, Python, Perl, Ant, etc.)
• Conceptual knowledge of automated build systems such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Build Forge or equivalent
• At least one year of programming experience.
• Proven knowledge with Change Management, Version Control, Dependency Management systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment
• Good understanding of software development processes and best practices
• Ability to break down complicated problems into manageable components and work well in time-critical situations
• Quick learner, willing to be trained and gain new skills
• Develop, optimize and maintain our build automation systems and scripts
• Manage our SCM system, providing support and advising other teams.
• Incorporate and implement new technologies and methodologies into our pipeline
• Provide configuration management expertise to the FIFA Server Development team
• Documentation and training
Nice to Have Skills
• Experience with Perforce
• Experience with Maven
• Experience with Gradle
• Experience with Jenkins or Hudson
• Experience with ANT/NAnt
• Programming Experience
• Knowledge of C++, C#
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvpz2w-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.