Software Engineer II
Software Architect - EADP Central Engineering
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
Location: Hyderabad, India
You will report to Director of Engineering.
• You will work with product managers, scrum masters, architects, quality engineers and infrastructure engineers across US and other geographies.
• You will be the top-level contributor in direction for major, complex programmer intended to roll out high-volume, high transaction-based web applications
• You will lead the team from the front and find solutions using technology and logical thinking.
• You will provide experiences in partnership with distributed teams to ensure the architectural vision are communicated and supported to the highest standards
• You will track development deliverables and communicate their status to global teams
• Estimate engineering effort during different stages of project life cycle
• You will work in a Agile, Scrum based on Minimum Viable Product(MVP)
• You will develop service catalogues and APIs
• You will ensure all solutions being developed are well documented with proper technical specifications, testable and maintainable.
• You will adopt Test-driven Development focused on automation and achieve 80%+ code coverage
• You will implement logging, monitoring, analytics and telemetry in code.
• You will communicate progress and issues with engineering and product/project managers.
• Prototype new technology that fits use cases/problems and validate against success criteria.
• You will Develop CI/CD pipelines for build and deployments with automated validation.
• Advocate clean code and clean architecture principles in software development
• You will mentor 4-6 developers on coding standards, best practices and conduct peer reviews
• You will Integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Technology or Computer Science from reputed institutions
• 9+ years of IT experience as software engineer in J2SE and J2EE development teams
• Experience architecting and deploying high-volume, high transaction-based, distributed and redundant web applications.
• System Design skills with experience delivering scalable services
• Top-notch programming skills in Java and related frameworks such as Spring and Spring Boot
• Experience in REST API-based Microservices development & integration that includes long running orchestration services
• Experience implementing services with modern authentication using OAuth 2.0, SAML, JWT
• Implementation Experience in RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL) and good SQL query knowledge
• Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/MongoDB/Redis/DynamoDB
• Experience or Knowledge with Docker & Kubernetes, distributed Caching solutions such as Redis/Memcache
• Experience or Knowledge developing services in cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure.
• Development experience using Gitlab and JIRA.
• CI/CD experience with Gitlab CI/CD or Jenkins or Maven.
• Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG.
• Experience working in Agile development methodologies
• To stay on top of technology, participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our products and tech stack.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.