Redwood City, CA
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
Are you interested in shaping the future of interactive entertainment? Are you excited about promoting the next generation of games across all dedicated and mobile gaming devices and platforms, helping consumers play any game, with anyone, anywhere, at any time?
This is an especially great time for the video game industry which has a vibrant community of connected players around the globe playing on more devices than ever before. EA is transforming toward a digital future both in the games and services we create and how we connect and engage with our players.
EA's Digital Platform team is looking for a talented, passionate and hands-on online service architect to guide the architecture decision and implementation EA's Identity and Commerce systems. Identity systems provide secure and easy-to-use online system for games to build a strong player relationship. Commerce system is the backbone service that provides e2e commerce service on PC and web, including catalog, checking out, payments and fraud detection. Identity and Commerce services serve more than 600 million players and requires high availability, scalability, and maintainability. You will report to a Sr Director of Engineering.
• Champion Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA). Set and drive goals for availability, scalability and maintainability.
• Promote the new tech adoption and design reviews for the team.
• Oversee the team's engineering standards such as API interfaces, design doc template, test plan template, integration guideline.
• Partner with architects in other organization to better serve gamers and gamer developers.
• Engage with online tech communities to make sure team's tech stacks are modern and effective.
• Work with operation engineers and other components owner to trouble shooting and apply quick fix for live site issues.
• Bachelor's Degree in computing science or equivalent education/experience
• 7+ years software engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience on online service
• 2+ years of architect or similar roles
• Experience with most online techs such as web-frontend, messaging, SQL and NoSQL.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj22kb-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.