Software Engineer - Marketplace Platform
Cloud Engineeer – Cloud and Infrastructure
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from alien invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - it's the coolest job on the planet!
The Opportunity Ahead:
EA IT's Game Development & Infrastructure Service (GDIS) team supports and empowers game development across EA's sites and Studio game teams, by providing leveraged IT Solutions that enable EA to build the world's best Games and Digital Playground. With the latest generation of Gaming Platforms, 4K resolution TVs and 4D modeling, there is exponential growth in the size of content related to EA's game titles. EA's business strategy leverages a highly distributed development model to produce its games. These trends combined are creating some unique and exciting Information Technology challenges for the GDIS team to ensure that we have highly performing, secure game dev technology tools and services which meet these business needs and requirements both today and in the future.
Cloud Engineer – Cloud and Infrastructure
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer who will contribute by leading efforts to develop the next generation of EA cloud and infrastructure services. You are experienced in developing automated build and deploy pipelines and provisioning compute, networking, security, storage services in hybrid cloud environments on bare-metal, VMs, containers. This is technical leadership position that requires hands-on experience in coding and troubleshooting. You will help deliver best-in-class tools and services that directly contribute to the Game Development Lifecycle, Employee Experience, Company Operations and Security teams at EA.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Architect and deliver automated self-service IaaS and PaaS offerings to different Enterprise application owner and Game Developer teams across EA using proprietary and open-source cloud computing solutions
• Work with different teams across EA such as Networking, Security, Monitoring, Support to help improve and deliver EA IT Cloud reference models and operational solutions which cover CI/CD pipelining for container/VM deployment on hybrid cloud, IaaS, PaaS, Serverless
• Contribute to build and deliver self-service automated services to enable application scaling, configuration, optimization, lifecycle management
• Create to the creation of test-suites to validate core functionalities and contribute to the ceration of shared responsibility models and operation runbooks to guarantee successful operation of EA IT cloud services
Summary of Experience
• 8+ years experience in Infrastructure Engineering, DevOps, Integration/System Engineering roles
• Experience writing code in a high-level programming language like: Java, Golang
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Node.js
• Experience building, configuring Docker containers and using any of the container management technologies, such as Kubernetes
• Knowledge of public cloud platforms and services: one of AWS, Azure, GCP
• Experience with Infrastructure as code software tools, HashiCorp Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager
• Knowledge in Linux, Linux networking: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS, NAT, Security Groups, ELBs, VPN technology
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Not only that, we're confident we'll provide you with opportunities to become an expert in our industry by offering hands on experience using and building with cutting-edge technologies such as VMware, Docker, Container, Mesos and more.
Don't Just Play It – Create It!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.