SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER - EA SECURITY
The EA Security team protects EA by reducing our exposure to security risks by raising awareness and providing a measured, proportionate set of security and risk management controls, services and solutions. This department also ensures that EA is meeting required security standards as defined by a variety of different regulatory bodies.
This role will bridge the gap between the engineering and operational roles within the Security Engineering Applications team. You will help implement applications and processes to strengthen the DevOps transformation of our log aggregation, analytics, and security applications. This will encompass working with engineering teams to onboard new data sources and provide adhoc analysis using our SIEM tools. Likewise, automate the buildout and maintenance of virtual and cloud infrastructure. Knowledge of scripting is important as you may be asked to make homegrown tools to support operational reliability or in place code changes to address production issues. You'll maintain monitoring and alerting applications and fix issues to minimize escalations to project teams. This is a fast-paced role that will support the engineering needs of security operations and analyst teams working open investigations. You will work with management to prioritize these asks and work with architects, engineers, and product managers to ensure these fit within current sprints and don't disrupt ongoing project work. You will help support the security function of mergers and acquisitions as well as perform application security reviews as needed. The world of security is ever changing and places constant demand on engineering project teams delivering new applications so support security efforts. In this role, you will work to ensure the reliability of security applications, address immediate engineering asks from security teams, and work with project teams to assist the smooth transition of new platforms to an operational state.
Ideal experience includes:
• Comfortable using the AWS Console and AWS CLI for medium to large-scale public facing application
• Five years experience with Terraform or Cloudformation
• Experience with AWS strategies
• Five years experience working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
• Development/scripting : Python, Ruby, GoLang, Shell, or Bash
• Knowledge of continuous Integration systems such as Hudson/Jenkins/Gitlab
• Experience with version control solutions (such as Gitlab and Github)
• Experience with secrets management (such as Hashicorp Vault)
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, or Jenkins).
• Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis, or Elasticsearch).
• Understanding of security for cloud services.
• Experience implementing production performance, availability, and scalability monitoring (Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana)
• Experience in maintaining Mutlitier and Microservices-based applications
• Understanding of logging mechanisms e.g. Syslog, Splunk.
• Experience with the full ELK Stack - Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beat agents
• Experience with evaluating existing Elastic clusters, configuration parameters, indexing, search and query performance tuning, security and administration
• Understanding of the basics of information security principals
• Working knowledge of networking concepts and technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills
• Perform multiple essential assignments under stringent deadlines in a fast-paced, highly complex, and dynamic environment; able to adapt to changes
• Work in a cross-functional team and effectively work with partners and partners to accomplish goals
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22j55-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.