Site Reliability Engineer - C++ - Madden
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey and EA SPORTS UFC.
Madden Live Services Team
The Live team is responsible for supporting our games for players and ensuring that future titles are shipped with the utmost quality, stability and reliability. Live engineers work closely with partner teams to streamline testing and verification processes as well as maintaining a strong infrastructure for rapid development.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to help us implement and promote SRE values and patterns within our team and across the partners we work with.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer, you will work with team members and partners worldwide; contribute to the implementation and maintenance of large-scale projects and troubleshoot and resolve issues and improve reliability across our systems. To achieve this, we require candidates who will focus on communication, uptime, and predictability.
• You will work with a small team to design and develop appropriate test modules and improve the stability of the live product.
• Debug and diagnose runtime issues across a variety of domains.
• You will increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
• You will review technical implementations for impacts on stability, performance, disk, and memory budgets.
• Directly support and help engineer environments through all stages of development.
• Troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
• Perform cause analyses and ensure improvements are identified and prioritized.
• Maintain documentation of systems, configurations and procedures.
• Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team's efficiency and capabilities.
• Adding and improving technical and business metrics and using them to make decisions.
• Document your insights and best practices.
• BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
• 3+ years of experience.
• Shipped a AAA game title or provided post-launch support to a launched consumer-facing product.
• Understanding of C++ language.
• Communicate well with technical partners outside of your immediate environment/specialization.
• Excellent debugging skills.
• Experience navigating and understanding a large client/server codebase.
• Experience leading small teams of Software Engineers is a major plus.
• Experience with Windows and Linux environments.
• Automated load testing experience (either developing tools or using existing systems).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d933wm-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.