Community Manager, Competitive Gaming
Los Angeles, CA
Senior UX Researcher (Star Wars Team)
We are EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles- Apex Legends, The Sims, Jedi: Fallen Order, and Madden to name a few. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher who should not only love to play games but also has a passion for shaping and evaluating the gaming experience. You are excited to be part of an accomplished and advanced team shaping the future of EA games across devices. You will apply your passion for research and digital entertainment to the development of fun and creative gaming experiences. You will develop research plans that span the full product development cycle and integrate user research into the development process.
You will conduct research for a game in the Star Wars Universe at Respawn (Chatsworth). You will report to the Respawn'/DICE LA UXR Manager
• Conduct user research activities for multiple EA products across multiple platforms (including mobile, PC, and console)
• Analyze relevant data from mixed research methods (interviews, lab studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys, telemetry)
• Work closely with game teams and studio leadership to understand franchise goals and strategies
• Effectively communicate research results to multiple levels of the organization in creative ways that create impact, while providing recommendations and ongoing design consultation
• Develop long-term user research plans for EA's titles
• Create new methodologies for each product's unique gameplay and sensibility while maintaining research quality and process
• Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines (researchers, designers, product planners, market researchers, producers) to produce insights which improve the trajectory of their product work
Qualifications & Skills:
• You have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
• You have 4+ years' industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across platforms
• You have expertise in research design, experienced in multiple methodologies (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking)
• You have experience in information design, game design principles, or consumer or entertainment software industry
• You can assimilate new ideas and information quickly, recommend actions using objective data, and influence the actions taken based on that data
• You can write and present influential reports
• Experience with statistical packages (such as SPSS or R) desirable
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.