Senior UX Designer – DICE LA
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We want to make great games, and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. You will work on an exciting new project at the studio, and report to the Design Line Manager at DICE's Los Angeles office.
• Collaborate with, and take direction from, the design director and lead UX designer to take important UX-heavy features from concept to completion on a large project
• Collaborate closely with other designers and engineers, to understand and define UX goals for new and evolving features
• Independently design solutions: concepts, wireframes, and prototypes while iterating based on your research, team feedback, and user feedback
• Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors for multiple environments and audiences
• Work within Frostbite engine to implement your work through iterative prototyping, ensuring they make for the best possible player experience
• Document and drive awareness of UX standards, and push to improve UX design workflow processes
• 5+ years of experience in UI/UX design, at least 2 years in games
• At least one shipped game as a UI/UX designer; AAA development experience is a plus
• Passion for games and user-centered design and a fascination for understanding how users experience a product
• Comfortable with technical implementation; using game editors, scripting languages and tools
• Advanced knowledge of digital tools for creating UX and IxD deliverables
• Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
• Enjoy problem-solving with a creative team
• Value documentation and healthy communication
• Broad taste in games
Valuable additional skills:
• A gamer with excellent understanding of how meta-games are structured and designed
• Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline
• Proficiency in user experience design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe XD, Figma, Axure, Omnigraffle)
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume and portfolio.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nveq-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.