Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Experience Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
• Collaborate with, and take direction from, the design and UX directors to lead important UX-heavy features from concept to completion on a large project
• Collaborate closely with other designers and engineers, to understand and define UX goals for new and evolving features
• Independently design solutions: concepts, wireframes, and prototypes while iterating based on your research, team feedback, and user feedback
• Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors for multiple environments and audiences
• Work within Frostbite engine to implement your work through iterative prototyping, ensuring they make for the best possible player experience
• Document and drive awareness of UX standards, and push to improve UX design workflow processes
• Mentor other UX designers in great process, teamwork, and design thinking
• 7+ years of experience in UX design, at least 3 years in games
• At least one shipped AAA game as a UX designer
• Proven ability to lead teams
• Passion for games and user-centered design and a fascination for understanding how users experience a product
• Comfortable with technical implementation; using game editors, scripting languages and tools
• Extremely proficient with user experience design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe XD, Figma, Axure, Omnigraffle)
• Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
• Enjoy problem-solving with a creative team
• Values giving and receiving constructive feedback, documentation and healthy communication
• Broad taste in games
Valuable Additional Skills
• Experience developing UX for multiplayer games, live service or FPS genre
• Experience or strong interest in user generated content for games
• Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume and portfolio.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jbmy-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.