Senior Technical Artist (3D Pipeline)
You will be developing a new mobile title for EA. As a studio, we build games for Imaginative Creators which allow players to create something that is an expression of their unique personality.
You'll report to the Art Director and work directly with Art and Engineering to establish, maintain, and optimize the project's 3D art pipeline for environment art, characters, and animation.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
• Automate repetitive tasks in Maya, Photoshop, and Unity to improve the art production process
• Develop tools to ensure the quality and consistency of 3D assets
• Rig character skeletons and faces, including making adjustments to existing rigs
• Rig 3D objects for use in the project
• Adjust outsourced assets to meet project requirements and standards
• Collaborate with the art team to preview animations in Unity and make rigging/skinning adjustments as-needed in Maya
• Provide troubleshooting support for animation and rigging-related issues
• Establish and maintain organised folder structures in Unity and Perforce for efficient asset management
• Set up asset integration pipelines and export tools tailored to the project's unique requirements
• Contribute to 3D asset optimization efforts for improved performance and resource efficiency
• Document processes and tools for knowledge sharing
• Refine art production pipelines and create additional tools to enhance efficiency and quality
If you're interested, you'll need these skills or experiences:
• Proficiency in Maya, Photoshop, and Unity, with experience automating tasks using scripting languages (e.g., Python)
• Technical skills in 3D art production, rigging, and animation
• Knowledge of industry-specific tools and best practices
• Resolving animation and rigging issues
• 6+ years of experience in game development with a focus on 3D art pipelines
• One or more shipped mobile titles
This role is available for Full Remote, Hybrid, or Full On-Site work
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $126,700 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0qqj6-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.