Finding great talent and supporting our studios to be the best place for people to do their best work is central to our philosophy. This is the principle behind our newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on open-world action-adventure games and pioneering next generation emergent storytelling. Join us to pursue your passion to craft unique, groundbreaking and inclusive games that empower players to generate incredible stories of heroic adventure. Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we are looking for a Sr. Technical Artist.
The Sr. Technical Artist (TA) acts as a bridge between the artists and programmers. They ensure art content can be smoothly integrated into a game without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding technical limitations. The Sr. Technical Artist reporting to the Technical Art Director works as part of the art team and coordinates with the lead artists, art director, and lead programmers.
The Sr Technical Artists manage art production workflows and make decisions on art packages and tools to be used, investigate new production techniques, implement solutions, provide feedback and debug complex assets and often provide instruction by sharing their knowledge with other artists through training sessions.
The Sr. Technical Artist typically works removed from the direct creation of game art assets, setting up the systems of production and solving problems as they arise. The Sr. Technical Artist is required to keep up-to-date on changes in technology, both regarding hardware, art packages, and new techniques.
• Maintain technologies and art workflows.
• Identify art workflow problems, and work with Technical Producers, Expert's, TAD's and TA's to solve.
• Establish and enforce naming conventions within assets, tools, and workflows.
• Integrate new technologies into art workflows.
• Work with other artists/TA's on a daily basis to identify challenges and provide solutions.
• Oversee asset and meeting budget (memory and performance).
• Oversee asset build stability.
• At least 5+ years of games/animation/FX production experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of CG fundamentals: modeling, texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering, and compositing.
• Understanding of multiple gaming platform limitations with regard to visual assets.
• Experience with at least one 3D package.
• Intermediate scripting experience with Python or Mel/Maya API.
• Proficiency with C# or C++
• Experience troubleshooting CG issues.
• Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• Experience providing a bridge between artists and software engineers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roebq1-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.