Founded in 1986, Codemasters has a long-standing reputation as one of the premier game developers in the industry. At the heart of Codemasters is the official Formula One game ™, one of the most critically acclaimed sporting franchises of the last decade. Our Global team brings together a diverse team including artists, engineers, and designers who are motivated by a passion for creating exceptional gaming experiences.
As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to contribute to the latest instalments of this award-winning game and help us raise the bar even higher. With a focus on innovation and engagement, we aim to evolve the ultimate Formula 1 experience for players everywhere. Our mission is to be the world's number one racing games developer – join us for the road ahead!
Our Birmingham studio, set in the heart of the city, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Artist. The Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and art production workflows. Located either on site in our Birmingham, UK office, or from a remote position, you will be reporting to the Technical Art Director, where you will help shape the future of the Technical Art team within Formula One.
• Facilitate communication between art and code by helping with creation methodologies, debugging and ensuring performance of all game art and assets.
• Work with the art, design and code teams to develop new visual features to push the F1 games forward and help to design the pipelines and processes needed to make these features production ready
• Help with the design and implementation of digital content creation tools focusing on 3ds Max, but also Substance Painter, Houdini, in-house tools and others.
• Create plugins for 3DS Max using C++.
• Work with the art teams to create in-engine and 3DS Max shaders using HLSL.
• Be a mentor to other technical art team members and artists.
• Your success will be measured by ensuring our content creators can maintain our high visual quality and performance bar, while hitting our annual street dates.
Here's what you will need:
• Experience with a DCC package such as 3ds MAX or Maya
• Scripting ability with Python or MAXScript
• Experience writing shaders using HLSL or GLSL
• Solid programming skills with C++, C#, WPF
• Experience of at least 1 game development cycle and able to demonstrate skills in previously released titles
• In-depth knowledge of best practices in game content creation
• In-depth knowledge of a game engine
• Familiarity with Houdini procedural modelling
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwz0ey-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.