Senior Technical Artist-Cranium
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The EA SPORTS ART team is a global community of content creators, fueled by imagination and a unified passion to grow the love of sports for players worldwide through inspiring visuals and immersive experiences. We push visual boundaries and create leading edge content across multiple disciplines. Serving our broad portfolio of sports titles, and across multiple art styles, we craft amazing games for hundreds of millions of sports fans worldwide.
EA SPORTS ART encompasses Characters, Environments, Lighting, Project Management, Technical Art, and Visual Effects. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to the table
The Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and content production workflows.
• Work alongside peers on Tech Art team and with Tech Art Director to support game and studio vision, reach consensus, provide/receive feedback, innovate, and cultivate ideas, with the goal of creating performant assets of high visual quality and technologies that move EA into the future.
• Collaborate and communicate with content creators using a service-minded attitude, seeking to understand issues and/or requirements and offer support (via time, training, documentation, or other forms) as necessary.
• Assess, design, implement, and maintain art creation pipelines/workflows that meet (or anticipate) artist needs and effectively drive productivity for content creators across multiple sports titles.
• Exhibit a commitment to continuously learning and familiarizing oneself with various technologies, technical concepts, ideas, and problems.
• Approach tasks in a timely, organized, and meticulous manner, self-prioritizing as required and communicating status and results to stakeholders as appropriate
• At least 6+ years of cinematic/games production experience. You have completed more than 3 AAA games/movies.
• A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
• Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
• Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
• Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages: Maya/Photoshop needed. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
• A solutions-provider, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
• Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
• A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• A Passion for Games!
Portfolios/presentations of your work alongside your application are encouraged. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio or attaching documents to your resume. Include detailed breakdowns of your work and be clear about which elements you personally created.
Please include as many examples of the following as you can:
• Tools and pipeline work. Provide script and code samples. For example: exhibit how you took a problem, broke it down, solved it, and show the result as part of a video capture or a series of screenshots. Include any relevant code.
• Examples of 3D graphics in areas such as modeling, animation, lighting, visual effects, and shading.
• Any art (traditional or digital media) that you have personally created.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7b5xk-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.