Senior Technical Artist
Redwood City, CA
Senior Technical Animator - Remote Friendly
Join us in driving the next revolution in games. This is a rare and unique opportunity at EA to:
• Reimagine a Star Wars mobile product
• Define a new model of game development
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator to work within our team to inspire creativity, bring life to our games and build compelling mobile experiences. As part of this team, you will work in close collaboration with art, game design, UX, engineering, and operations. You will report to our Principal Technical Art Director. The Senior Technical Animator has industry-honed abilities in both rigging and 3D animation and can work throughout the entire animation production pipeline.
• You will create rigs, skin characters, animate and export from Maya.
• Create appealing, user-friendly, and performant animations for our games
• Import characters and animations into Unity, setup state machines and make all connections to the game.
• You will work with the art, engineering and design to help establish animation style and implement best practices and make sure all characters are hitting all quality metrics.
• Guide outsourcing partners in technical and stylistic requirements.
• Mentor junior/intermediate staff and provide feedback to other animators
• At least 5 years or 3 shipped titles working in a game development environment
• You have a willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical and artistic challenges and limitations.
• Expertise in 3D character rigging, skinning
• Experience with animation asset delivery pipelines
• Strong animation skills, demonstrating an understanding of principles of weight and movement
• Storytelling through animation with creative flair
• Create state machines and animations within technical constraints (Specifically for Unity)
• Experience with game production process, from beginning to end
• A passion for making games!
• Adobe CC
• P4 and Git
• mGear rigging framework
• C# scripting
• VFX experience
• Experience with turn-based RPG or RTS style animations
• Experience in mobile and free-to-play games
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.