Senior Technical Animator - Rigging
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator like you to tie together gameplay and storytelling through the use of character movement and join us to push quality to the next level for an unannounced AAA title. This role will report to our Studio Animation Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
As a Senior Technical Animator you will be responsible for the skinning / rigging process, setting up dynamic bones, delivering in-engine characters, defining and communicating best practices and tools for animation technology.
Work task examples:
• Handling skinning/rigging process independently and setting up characters in-game.
• Acting as a technical bridge between character artists and animators, and assisting both of them.
• Tools development, training and documentation for the animation team.
Skills We Look For:
• Expert knowledge of rigging (body and facial), in-game animation systems and methodologies.
• High level of expertise with Maya (expertise with MotionBuilder or other 3D applications is welcomed).
• Understanding of anatomy, modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, dynamics and particle systems. Ability to work directly with modellers and assist them. Modelling skills are a bonus.
• Scripting skills and tool development with leading 3D applications (e.g. Maya, MotionBuilder, or Softimage) MEL, Python & C++/C# is a bonus.
• Experience with motion capture, facial capture processes and data manipulation is a bonus.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio or show reel.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e31k-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.