Senior Technical Animator
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles and Vancouver-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator like you to play a crucial role in tying together gameplay and storytelling through the use of character movement and join us in our drive to push quality to the next level for an unannounced AAA title.
As a Senior Technical Animator you will be responsible for creating prototypes, driving the development of the animation and rigging pipelines, defining and communicating best practices and tools for animation technology.
Work task examples:
• Drive innovation and application of new animation technology
• Secondary and procedural systems such as dynamic joints, cloth simulation, ragdolls
• Tools development, training, and documentation for the animation team
• Debug animation technical issues
Skills We Look For:
• Expert knowledge of character rigging (body and facial), performance capture processes and data manipulation, in-game animation systems and methodologies
• High level of expertise with at least two of the leading 3D applications (Maya, 3DSMax, MotionBuilder, Softimage, Houdini)
• Experience creating applications and tools with C# or C++ is a bonus
• Understanding of modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, dynamics and particle systems
• Experience creating state machines and setting up gameplay logic
• Understanding of animation concepts such as layering, blending, motion matching
• Able to collaborate with external teams
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio or show reel.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qboy-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.