Senior Taxonomy Analyst
Senior Taxonomy Analyst, Worldwide Customer Experience
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We're looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Senior Taxonomy Analyst
You will be part of EA's Worldwide Customer Experience organization. Striving to make EA known for taking care of its players. We're players taking care of players and people talking to people – whenever, wherever and however they need us.
As a Senior Taxonomy Analyst, you work with multiple teams across Customer Experience organization. You understand the value of taxonomy work in building solutions for our players and can advocate this value to your partners. You have experience developing multilingual taxonomies and are excited to build a foundation for EA's Knowledge Graph and AI-driven customer service. You will report to Manager, Taxonomy and Search.
We are taxonomy and ontology advocates in Customer Experience organization. We manage Taxonomy Governance and work with EA taxonomists and ontologists. We contribute to content structure and tagging and consult on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and enterprise search efficiencies. We are constant learners and are passionate about helping our players resolve their issues effortlessly and helping players and advisors to quickly find relevant information. We are passionate about our work and communicate often, share ideas openly and learn from each other. We always work to improve our processes.
• You will create and execute taxonomy roadmaps.
• You will develop taxonomies, thesauri, and controlled vocabularies with an emphasis on sustainability.
• You will identify taxonomy requirements through end-user research, EA's existing content corpus and input from partners and external sources.
• Identify taxonomy Indicators, measure taxonomy effectiveness and create taxonomy performance reporting.
• Work with teams, including analytics, research, developers, engineers, content and publishing.
• Integrate Customer Experience taxonomies with EA's Content Ecosystem models.
• Educate Customer Experience on the impact and Return on investment of taxonomy work and provide ongoing support with taxonomy governance and implementation frameworks.
• Create impactful PowerPoint presentations and taxonomy educational sessions.
• You will help improve enterprise search accuracy, conduct keyword research and consult on taxonomy impact to SEO best practices.
• This is a hands-on taxonomy management role.
• 5+ years experience as a working taxonomist.
• Master's Degree in Information Management, Library and Information Science (ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS, MSIM, MSIS), or equivalent work experience. Undergraduate degree in English or IT preferred.
• Experience with multilingual taxonomy creation and management, metadata standards, subject classification and knowledge organization for large organizations.
• Skills in gathering taxonomy efficiency requirements, including user interviews, heuristic reviews and taxonomy tree testing.
• Excellent ability to communicate taxonomy value to the business in non-technical language through training and presentations.
• Knowledge of taxonomy and ontology standards, protocols and schemas (SKOS, OWL, RDF, SPARQL, JSON-LD, Schema.org, DBPedia.)
• Experience with taxonomy and ontology semantic middleware like PoolParty, Semaphore or similar software.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
• Passionate about professional growth in the areas of Knowledge Graphs and data modeling.
• Gaming industry and customer support experience are strongly preferred.
• Project Management Fundamentals are preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vwq9-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.