Senior Systems Designer
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to improve ourselves and our craft. You will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within the US or Canada to apply.
• Work with project leads to design, document, and prioritize new systems and user-facing tools within a large Battlefield project
• Work with technical designers and engineers to investigate and prototype future features
• Proactively communicate with stakeholders on the status and issues that affect gameplay design, advocating for solutions that meet the needs of multiple groups
• Give and receive feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project
• Mentor more junior designers to reach their full potential
• Work with Experience Design to incorporate feedback from research, playtest data, and community feedback to create an outstanding player experience
• Shipped at least one AAA game, or at least 5 years experience in systems design for games
• FPS or live service experience
• Passion for playing and making games, with an understanding of what makes them fun
• Understanding of mass-market appeal, and the ability to innovate within it
• Understand the importance of documentation and respectful communication
Valuable additional skills:
• Experience using mod tools to tweak or enhance existing games
• Comfortable with technical implementation; use game editors, scripting languages, or tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj16q0-3-236-207-90-42 in your application.