Site Reliability Engineer
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organization drives important technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is essential to making the industry's best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing the cross-platform infrastructure to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere, with anyone.
For this role, you will report to a Senior Engineering Manager and work with top-notch game studios around the world. We develop content pipelines and delivery services that support live games and other company-wide services across EA. We're looking for a motivated Senior Software Engineer to help lead the design, implementation, and support of these services. You'll work as part of a team, engaged with multiple EADP service teams and game teams around the globe to provide outstanding innovation and performance to our customers.
• Design solutions to support our top Console, PC, and Mobile games
• Architect complex features and entire applications
• Write and maintain code in Java and Scala
• Lead development of central services to support company-wide programs across the latest technologies
• Work with teams across EADP to foster a cohesive platform for our customers
• Improve systems to achieve highly scalable, available services
• Author and review technical design documents to plan and vet each essential feature
• Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine the feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products
• Document and test features to accelerate ease of use and simplify future maintenance of our technology
• Involvement in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, specifications, development, test, product release, and sustaining engineering
• Support internal customers and evaluate and debug technical support requests
• Grow and guide other engineers
• 10+ years professional development experience
• Development experience with Java
• AWS, GCP, or other cloud experience
• Experience working within the Kubernetes ecosystem
• Ability to design, implement and scale complex web applications
• Experience with event-driven architecture and systems
• Knowledgable of reactive programming best practices
• Experience operating highly available systems
• Work within a team on source-controlled projects via git
• Experience programming in Scala
• Familiarity with functional programming concepts
• Experience managing infrastructure with Terraform
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8zko-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.