- Full Time
Senior Software Engineer - (Mobile Central Tech)
Sr. Game Server Engineer (EA Studios, Mobile Central Tech Team)
We Are EA
And we make games! How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
What you'll do...
• Develop ultra fast, massively scalable, highly available game servers and services supporting many games.
• Implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating.
• Apply and improve server deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime.
• Own the ''big picture'' and work with team members to align efforts.
• Mentor other developers, review their work, and make recommendations for improvement.
Ideally you have...
• A strong desire to create scalable game servers and services using modern tech for modern games.
• Top notch programming skills – preference for experienced Java developers, but we hold nothing against other languages.
• A respect for skilled hackers and a healthy level of paranoia that drive your security-centric approach.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with technical leadership.
• Broad experience with some of the following:
• • Frameworks (e.g. Spring boot)
• Build tools (e.g, Gradle, SBT, Maven)
• Static analysis tools (e.g., Coverity, Sonar, PMD)
• Test frameworks (e.g., JUnit, TestNG, Spring)
• Linux scripting (e.g., Bash, Python, Groovy)
• Prior experience with AWS and/ or Google Cloud Platform
• Linux Systems Administration and/or scripting experience
• Familiarity with any of the following:
• • Social APIs / 3rd Party SDK Integration
• Redis / Memcached data caching solutions
• Kotlin / JVM based languages
Perks & Benefits
• RRSP with company match and no vesting period.
• Restricted stock units for new hires.
• Employee stock purchase plan.
• Paid time off and holiday office closures including shutdown between Christmas and New Year's.
• Generous parental leave for new parents.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and other health and welfare plans.
• Disability, Life, and AD&D insurance benefits.
• Flexible Spending Accounts for heath and child care.
• Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
• Other perks include education assistance, commuter benefits, adoption assistance, legal services, mental health support, and group home, auto, and pet insurance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n02y-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.