We're looking for highly talented and dedicated Software Engineers who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development environments. As a Sr. Software Engineer 1, you'll be an integral member of a team delivering game experiences.
Here's how your day would look like:
• Collaboratively working to deliver highly available, highly scalable products/services.
• Working with product and project leaders and your team members to understand player needs and delivering incredible value in an incremental and high impact way.
• Ensuring our designs are simple and effective with excellent workflows and features.
• Analyze the complex technical architecture across EA's platform and infrastructure lead the assessment of failures and determine root causes and drive fixes
Who fits the bill:
• 9 + years of relative experience in object oriented design/programming, strong programming expertise in either C/C++, C#, .NET Framework
• Experience working on .NET framework, .NET based windows application development, Webservices development
• 2 + years of experience architecting and designing distributed, highly resilient, globally scalable products/services in the cloud by utilizing world-class engineering principles and modern DevOps best practices.
• As a senior technical leader you love to experiment with leading edge technology, dive deep into code and are willing to go any level of detail to solve complex computing problems.
• Be responsible for end-to-end development architecture, thus ensuring the code written to implement the architecture and design meets the highest standards regarding code quality and efficiency
• Coach engineering team in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals
• Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance from inception through integration, staging and production environments to deliver solid test cases.
• Ability to integrate research, conduct fail-fast POCs and implement MVPs at high velocity
• Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs
• Coordinate closely with corporate communications and customer experience to listen to our players everywhere including social media, email, chat and phone
• May work on design and implementation of tools to automate the process and support CI activities as appropriate
• Find creative technical solutions to design challenges.
• Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
• Strong analysis and debugging skills.
• Excellent written, verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills
• Understanding and familiarity with cloud technologies like AWS, Azure etc.
• Passion and creativity for problem solving
• Able to work and problem solve independently, to organize workload and priorities, high-quality execution, technical innovation/adaptation, and initiative
• Understanding of the realities of working with large, rich datasets and complex distributed client/server systems
• A passion for gaming and a highly analytical and creative thinker
Nice to Have Skills:
• Familiarity with visualization tools and database technologies, familiarity with analytic techniques such as predictive modeling and data visualizations
• Working with Linux operating systems
• Knowledge of Mysql database will be an added advantage
What to Expect:
• A relaxed, supportive working atmosphere
• The ability to work with your choice of OS, IDE, and tools
• Regular knowledge sharing sessions with a wide range of talented engineers
• Career progression and mentoring
• A unique set of technical challenges to tackle
• The opportunity to expand and grow as an engineer
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5okx-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.