Project & People Manager - FIFA
The Frostbite Engine group is looking for a C#/WPF Software Engineer.
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine, powering games such as Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, Plants vs. Zombies, Need for Speed, Anthem, and Star Wars Battlefront II. The challenge ahead is to accelerate the effort of designing modern editor UI and workflows, and the tools needed to ensure the peak quality and performance of engine runtime features.
What you will do as Frostbite C#/WPF software engineer:
You will report to an Engineering manager
You will develop the tools, features, and pipelines necessary for game developers to build content, including:
• Create the editors and tools that allow game teams designers to create in-game content
• Develop quality and efficient workflows to accelerate the game teams' productivity when designing in-game content
• Develop new features and enhancements to Frostbite's editing and authoring tool, to be used across EA
• Build features, put together technical proposals and software estimates, and bring features to completion
• Efficiently resolve issues in familiar and unfamiliar code
• Gather requirements from game team developers and write technical design specifications for implementing each new feature
• Build sample content, clear documentation, and training materials for game team developers
• Provide support to game team developers by addressing any bugs or issues and coordinating cooperative development of essential features
We're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
• 8+ years of experience
• Object-oriented programming experience and a firm understanding of OO design principles
• Strong C# programming skills
• Proven Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) or Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and XAML-based UI design experience
• Working C++ programming skills are a big plus
• Experience in desktop tool development
• Exposure to developing tools technology for AAA titles for the latest Microsoft or Sony consoles
• Knowledge of Agile/scrum processes
• Multithreaded programming and debugging experience is a plus.
…and, in general, the potential to impress!
What's in it for you?
• Work in an environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
• Learn a massive amount of knowledge, skills and professional software development practices
• Participate in worldwide gaming-related events and conferences
• Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
• Have dedicated time allocated for innovation and prototyping personal projects
• Define personal development goals and be supported to achieve them
• Opportunity to travel to worldwide EA studios locations and to work with game and engine teams
• We offer great compensation, benefits packages, comprehensive health and a culture that values creativity and individuality
• Of course, free video games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p7n7-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.