Client Software Engineer - Star Wars Mobile
Redwood City, CA
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead:
The EA Digital Platform Data & AI Group develops new unified Big Data pipelines across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with outstanding tools. The Data & AI Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for developers who want to work on a large-scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, creative companies in technology.
You will report to a Senior Manager of Software Engineering - EADP Data.
What a Software Engineer III – Data & AI does at EA:
• Help build a unified platform across EA, extract and process massive data from spanning 20+ game studios, and use the insight to serve massive online requests
• Develop infrastructure software that slice and dice data, using Hadoop and Map/Reduce
• Develop reporting systems that inform on important metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results
• Develop complex queries to solve data mining problems
• Develop large-scale online platform to personalize player experience and provide reporting and feedback
• Write reliable and efficient programs to process and consume massive (petabyte) datasets with large clusters of machines
• Develop both SQL and NoSQL solutions
• Develop batch and real-time processing
• Work with data modelers, data analysts, and BI developers to understand requirements, develop ETL processes, validate results, and bring to production
The next great Software Engineer III – Data & AI also needs:
• A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design
• 4+ years of software development experience, writing clean reuseable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
• Fluency with an Object-oriented language including Java Or C++, and SQL, Python
• Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as bash, perl, awk, or python
• Experience with distributed system to serve massive concurrent requests
• Experience working with large-scale systems and data platforms/warehouses
• Experience with MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, or other NoSQL stacks
• Experience working with columnar analytics databases or relational databases.
• Experience with data modeling and BI tools
• Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields plus at least 2 years of professional experience at excellent online companies with massive (petabyte) data systems
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.