Senior Software Engineer - Generalist
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
For this role, the Software Engineer will be a part of the technology creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with architects and other engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Development Director and Technical Director to estimate, build and improve technical solutions to challenging problems and provide excellent results.
We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features and technology to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code.
We are a creative group, so we value collaboration with creative and design. And we highly value the creative problem solving that is often a staple of our industry.
• Collaborates with engineers'/architects to create clear and estimable technical designs.
• Delivers tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
• Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
• Actively looks for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
• Contributes to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts.
• Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices.
• 7+ years of experience with C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
• Effective communicator with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
• Expert problem solving and debugging skills.
• Expert knowledge of parallel programming ,and resource management considerations
• Expert knowledge of performance'/memory profiling and optimization techniques
• Proven experience with game engines like Frostbite, Unreal, Unity
• Shipped multiple AAA titles
• Experience with source control tools such as Git, Perforce, SVN
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.