Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team develops creative engine features and cutting-edge tools that let our game makers create stunning games. We're honored to have thousands of game developers worldwide using Frostbite as they create some of the industry's best-known titles and amazing player experiences. Join us as we help shape the future of gaming with Frostbite.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Frostbite Architecture team. This team works side-by-side our engine teams, to design and realize our technical features, and collaborates with our partner game teams in making the most of our technology. A role in Frostbite's Architecture team allows you to have a wide-reaching impact across multiple areas within the engine, and gives you the opportunity to directly impact some of EA's biggest franchises such as EA Sports FC, Battlefield, and Dragon Age.
You will report to a Senior Director of Architecture.
• You will collaborate with a distributed team of technical experts and work closely with Frostbite's technology leadership.
• You will design and architect technological solutions to improve the engine based on strategic need.
• You will partner with other Frostbite engineers to prove and develop technology for shipping.
• You will build testable, performant and maintainable code which can be delivered to other Frostbite or EA partner teams.
• You will produce documentation covering the usage and technological decisions of your work.
• You will encourage excellence in engineering by providing detailed feedback and mentoring, and always looking for areas to improve.
• 7+ years of experience in C++
• Expertise in software design and building creative technical solutions.
• Experience in systems engineering, engine tooling or rendering systems.
• Experience delivering enterprise-sized software in an Agile project environment.
• Strong knowledge of programming fundamentals such as algorithms, data structures and optimization.
• Experience in the game industry or with a game engine.
• Good collaboration skills and the ability to work directly with game developers of multiple disciplines.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $149,150 - $233,500
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $136,000 - $233,500
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $171,100 - $233,500
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $136,000 - $190,850
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $136,000 - $218,900
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to temporary full-time employees scheduled to work full time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpyo10-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.